The WCT is seeking new members to help with graphics design for social media posts and other projects!
The application is open to all WCA members. You do not have to hold a current position to be considered. This position is directed to those with graphic design experience and duties once on the team will mainly focus on that type of work.
What does the WCT do?
- Answers daily inquires to the WCA through emails and the contact page on the WCA website.
- Manages official WCA social media platforms through frequent & engaging posts
- Works with other WCA leaders to improve the WCA website and communications to the community
The rights and duties of WCT from our By-laws can be found here.
- Social media posts are planned at least 1 week in advance and are posted when members are available.
- Internal emails regarding other WCT projects are answered within 48 hours and other work may come from those projects that take various amounts of time.
- Time commitment per week is between 4-10 hours.
- Must be familiar with Adobe Illustrator, GIMP, or equivalent programs
Characteristics we are looking for
- Creativity: We always need ideas of new social media series or unique ways to expand to other platforms. You will be required to think about this and suggest ideas when you can. With your graphic design experience, you will help us with designing visually compelling posts.
- Social media knowledge: You should be familiar with many social media platforms and their basic functions. While you may not have used them personally, you will have to post to them as the WCA and should know what type of content goes on each.
- Fluent English: Our posts on most social media platforms are in English and we answer most emails in English. We do welcome those that are fluent in other languages alongside English.
- Communication skills: You will be responsible for designing social media posts that are appropriate and convey the mission of the WCA.
- Patience: You should keep friendly communications within our email and social media interactions.
To apply, please include:
- A brief personal introduction
- Your involvement with the WCA
- Your motivation for applying to the WCT
- Your familiarity with social media platforms & an idea of a potential WCA post
- 2-3 designs that you have created to highlight your design style
Please send the application in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org from now until December 10, 2019, 23:59 UTC to be considered.
There may be an additional interview requested of candidates with the leader following application submission. The week after the application period, the team will make a selection and the new member(s) will be announced once candidates have accepted the positions. If you have any questions regarding the application process, do not hesitate to reach out to Lauren Clement (email@example.com).
Thank you for your candidacies and support!