- WCA Competition
- This competition is recognized as an official World Cube Association competition. Therefore, all competitors should be familiar with the WCA regulations.
- Notice: Please read this page carefully before you register. You are expected to be aware of all the regulations and possible fees.
- The registration period is from March 1,2019,12:00 PM GTM+8,to July 10,2019, 8:00 PM GTM+8. Only online registration is accepted.
- All registration must be done through Cubing China.
- WCA ID can be found by searching by your name here: https://cubingchina.com/results/person.
- The registration period is divided into three phases. The 1st phase is from March 1,2019,12:00 PM GTM+8, to May 1,2019,12:00 PM GTM+8. The 2nd phase is from May 1,2019,12:00 PM GTM+8, to June 1,2019,12:00 PM GTM+8. The 3rd phase is from June 1,2019,12:00 PM GTM+8, to July 10, 2019, 8:00 PM GTM+8. Registration fees will increase during the last two phases.
- The registration fee consists of a basic entry fee and additional fees per event. Please check here to see the date and fees for each phase (On mobile click "more" to expand the fees table and scroll right).
- For Chinese mainland participants, a completed registration is online registration plus the prepaid registration fee. For Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and overseas participants, there is an option to pay the registration fee via PayPal. If you have trouble paying fees, you can contact the organizers by Email(firstname.lastname@example.org). Please check the competition website for registration and the other information.
- If you would like to cancel your registration, please do so through the registration page, you will get a 50% registration fee refund. Please keep in mind that, once you cancel the registration, you are not able to register again for the competition. The end of the registration cancellation is at 12:00 on June 23.
- One can add events through the registration page during the registration period.
- Any changes to the events other than adding one are not permitted.
- If and only if you cancel your registration on the website before the cancellation ending date, you will receive a 50% refund. Otherwise, there is NO refund of registration fees.
- Competitors below the age of 18 must obtain consent from their parent(s)/guardian(s) to register and compete.
- The limitation is 1000 participants.
- At the time of registration, the competitors can only choose the events passed the qualifying times. To register the competition, one needs at least one event that meets the qualifying time.
- You can register for any events you like when registration is open. However, you must meet the qualifying times before July 10,2019,8:00 PM GTM+8. Qualifying times can be found here.
- All qualification results are based on WCA official results.
- Competitors must check themselves in during the specified time period.
- Competitors should follow the signage to check in. Other people are not permitted to enter the competitor checking-in area.
- Competitors must show their QR-code, which can be found on the registration page after registering, and any legal documents which can identify them.
- We will give you a name pass and an entry permit. Please keep them carefully.
- Competitors must bring their name pass for each solve. Competitors without a name pass will not be allowed to solve. Competitors who lose their name pass can obtain a replacement name pass with the registration QR code, their ID, and a fee of 120 yuan.
- The participants can only get their entry tickets at the check-in area. And it can be exchanged at the check-in area when it is damaged. If you exchange the entry wristband, the first time you will pay 1 yuan, the second time you will pay 10 yuan, and the third time you will have to buy a new one. The entry wristband is water-proof. So it cannot be damaged deliberately.
- Guests (see below) must check in at the designated area at the guest window and get your entry tickets by your ID card.
- An entry permit is needed to enter the venue and any functional areas within. All competitors and guests are responsible for safely keeping their entry permit.
- The entry permit for each person is unique; Please DO NOT resell your permit to others. Competitors and guests are responsible for keeping their permits.
- The name pass for this competition is not an entry permit. It CAN NOT be used to enter the venue or functional areas.
- To enter the venue, all guests need to buy a ticket for their entry permit. Ticket are sold through Cubing China. The price of the entry tickets is determined by a daily basis.
- The entry tickets can be bought on Cubing China"Ticket"now.
- The price of an entry ticket is 70 yuan per day and 150 yuan for 3 days. The entry tickets once sold shall not be returned.
- The entry tickets should be bought by guests. It's no need for the competitors to buy the tickets.
- The QR code and ID cards would be checked when you sign in. Please keep them carefully.
- Competitors must use puzzles that are allowed according to the WCA regulations. When called, the competitor must be ready to compete.
- Eye masks are not provided at the venue. Please bring your own eye mask if you will compete in blindfolded events.
- Please bring puzzles that are properly functional. Modifications are allowed only if no advantage is gained, and must meet the WCA regulations.
- Time limit: Attempts which exceed this time will be judged as a DNF.
- Cutoff: The time a competitor must achieve within their first 1 or 2 solves in order to complete all attempts. All cutoffs for the mean of 3 events (6x6 and 7x7) are in best of 1 format, while cutoffs for the average of 5 events (all other events) are in best of 2 formats.
- Competitors should respect the competition, obey venue rules and conduct themselves in a considerate manner. Please DO NOT talk loudly, damage venue property intentionally, or affect other people, etc.
- All competitors and guests should switch their phones into silent or vibrate mode after entering the venue. Please DO NOT use flash within the venue.
- Please DO NOT conduct any commercial or advertisement activities without permission from the organizing team.
- Please DO NOT bring any religious or political symbols, including national flags, to the venue. Thank you all for your cooperation.
- To avoid accidents, running, fighting and climbing are forbidden in the competition area.
- Please dress properly and behave well.
- You may not bring the nuts into the competition area.
- Take good care of the communal facilities. Obey the rules and regulations of the competition area.
- Please keep behaving politely and nicely and respect others. DO NOT show any unfriendly behaviour like demeaning, harassing, provocative or intimidating others.
- Please DO NOT bring any animals to the competition area.
- If you feel anything uncomfortable about certain behaviours, feel free to notify the WCA delegates.
- If you have any suggestions and comments on the experience, please submit them to us. We will be grateful for your help.
- This competition is the China Championship. There will be two groups for podiums, the greater China group, and the official group.
- The official group will be awarded certificates, medals, and prizes. The greater China group will be awarded certificates, medals and prize money.
- Winners and runner-ups must attend the award ceremony. Otherwise, they are treated as abandoning their award.
- Competitors who fail to register the competition as required are not allowed to compete (According to WCA regulation 2c1).
- The WCA delegates may disqualify a competitor’s turns taking or going to take, or the whole match, for his or her violating the rules (According to WCA regulation 2f 2h 2k3 2k4).
- The participants and their companions should be responsible for their own safety, and the adults should be responsible for their children’s safety. In addition, we suggest you purchase travel accident insurance to ensure your safety.
- This regulation may change without notification. Please pay attention to this website.
- The organizing committee reserves the rights to explain the regulations above.
Cubing China is an information sharing platform for speedsolving competitions, we are not the organizer of such competitions and thus are not responsible for them. Check here for our full disclaimer.