The WCA Software Team is seeking new members! The WST plays a central role in the WCA by developing, scaling, and maintaining the software solutions that help the organization handle the continuous community growth.
Some examples of such software solutions are:
- The WCA website, that you are probably browsing on a regular basis.
- TNoodle, the scrambles library and its frontend, used by all Delegates during competitions.
- WCA Live, which is the main platform for score taking and getting live results during competitions.
All WST projects are open source and hosted on the organization's GitHub.
While anyone is encouraged to apply, we are also looking for some specific roles - and if you fit these requirements, please let us know in your application:
- Project Manager: Manage tasks and issues along with priorities on Github as well as managing any software needs from WCA teams/committees and keep them up to date.
- Client Side Developer: Work on the user-facing parts of the WCA Website including working on the ongoing project of porting parts of the site to React. Enhance user experience and satisfaction.
- Developer Operations: Work on deployment strategies (our platform runs on AWS) and address any issues/improvements to be made.
The Board of Directors would like to receive applications for WCA World Championship 2023 and WCA Oceania Championship 2022.
Please discuss with the Delegates in your country whether this is something you are willing and able to pursue. Bear in mind that organizing a competition of this size takes a significant amount of time and effort before and during the competition.
For the WCA World Championship, only a WCA recognized Regional Organization can apply. If you are interested, send your application documents privately to email@example.com before May 31, 2021, 23:59 UTC. Documents must be sent in PDF format in two versions: one full version with all the details for the application, and another version with sensitive details - if any - removed to make public.
There will be an appointment of a new WCA Advisory Council (WAC) Leader. The application is open to all WCA members. Potential applicants do not have to hold a current position to be considered.
Candidates are expected to fulfill their terms (24 months) and to spend at least 5 hours per week on average to work for the Council. The qualities expected of candidates are:
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of the WCA structure
- A strong connection to the WCA Community
The application period for candidates to submit their candidacy documents is from now until March 24th, 2021, 23:59 UTC. Interested candidates can send the application privately to the WCA Board (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are happy to announce that Brasilia, Brazil will be hosting the upcoming WCA South American Championship in 2022.
You can view the application documents here.
Lastly, we would like to remind you that the WCA Oceania Championship 2022 will have an application period from March 1st to May 31st 2021 in line with the World Championship 2023 application period.